Thursday 8 January 2009

New Year, New Diet, New Dense Chocolate Cupcakes...

Naturally, I am on a diet (being a girl, and it being January). Thus far it's going quite well - lots of soup, lots of salad-y side dishes - I've been eating well and also eating very healthily. However, tomorrow it's my mum's birthday party, so some form of cake is essential...

Mother's on the diet too, so I tried to come up with a solution that allowed us both (and all her dinner guests) a bit of indulgence, without the temptation to eat half a cake.... The result? Chocolate cupcakes! Yum, lovely rich ingredients, but guaranteed portion control. It might be naughty, but it's only a couple of bites!

These lovelies are Dense Chocolate Cupcakes, from Nigella's Domestic Goddess, and they're iced with her suggested chocolate ganache and topped with a minstrel. I've yet to try them (obviously saving my calories for tomorrow), but they look stunning. Happy birthday mum!

0 comments: